I’m sure you can tell from previous posts I have a bit of an obsession with Urban Decay, I just love everything about their products from the shades to the packaging. I want it to be just as pleasing to look at in my hands & in my makeup storage, as it is to use & have on my face. When I heard they were bring out the ‘On The Run’ palette I got very excited. To have a palette containing so many products in one square palette small enough to fit in my handbag as the perfect travel sidekick – just take my money, I’m sold!
A magnetised, acrylic, rose gold case which is beautiful patterned on front with large writing. A large mirror fills the inside of the square lid. Products include:
- Travel size ‘Perversion’ mascara (I can’t fault it, I love this mascara for giving my lashes length and volume).
- ‘Stag’ eyeliner (defines without the harshness of black, paring perfectly with the eye shadows, as well as staying on the waterline without bleeding. Yet the creamy formula makes it perfect to smudge for a smokey effect).
- ‘Sesso’ lip gloss (a beautiful rose shade that adds just enough colour & shine, that’s slightly minty).
- 5 eye shadows, 3 shimmer (‘Dive’ – medium rose tones, ‘Resist’ – cool brown, ‘Stun’ – warm brown) & 2 matte (‘Fix’- light neutral brown, ‘Dare’ – medium/dark warm brown ~ ideal as a brow powder).
- A large eye shadow base ‘5050’ (white based beige champagne with slight gold/pink glow ~ can also be used as a highlighter).
- A large pan bronzer (medium neutral toward warm brown matte shade) & blush (mid-tone neutral pink), all being highly pigmented.
Priced at: €44/$37/$54. I purchased mine from my local Debenhams, it’s no longer available as far as I’m aware, but who know maybe Urban Decay will release it or bring it back in a new form.
Pros – All products are excellent quality. Has all the products in one handy size palette to accompany you on any trip big or small.
Cons: The magnet on the case isn’t the strongest so can open every easily, which isn’t ideal down your bag. It is bulky, as there needs to be a depth to hold all the products within. Not having any brushes within means bringing your own along. With the mascara being travel size it’s almost impossible to replace.
I’ll admit a mini doubled ended brush wouldn’t have gone astray, it can be annoying having to bring your own brushes at times. I also feel that they could have utilised the space under the shadows and blush/bronzer better, maybe adding a draw for a mini brush or two.
Did you manage to get your hands on this beauty? If so what do you think?
As always, Thanks for reading! Until next time!
Don’t forget you can always contact & follow me on: