Mexican is one of my favourite cuisines, I’m a huge fan of Boojum when I lunch out. When it comes to dinner at home I’m more then happy to make fajitas or tacos, but when i want to avoid heavy carbs I always decide on a taco bowl.
What you’ll need:
- Sweet potatoes (cut into cubes or fries)
- Vegetables (whatever you like most, onions, peppers, carrots etc.)
- Salad vegetables (cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes etc.)
- Meat (mince, steak/chicken stripes etc.)
- Onion and garlic (diced)
- Spices of choice (for meat)
- Cheese (if desired)
- Sauces – guacamole, Salsa, Sour cream
- Place cut sweet potato in oven @180 degrees Celsius for 25-30 minutes, sometimes longer depending on your own
- Slice vegetables into batons/stripes
- Ripe up lettuce and slice up salad vegetables
- Fry off meat with diced onion and garlic, adding spices of choice
- Check sweet potato and toss/turn
- Fry off vegetables (again add spices if desired)
- Once sweet potato cooked, place in base of bowl, added cooked vegetables on top, then meat, finish off with salad of choice, cheese and sauces
- Simply mix, often I eat with a handful of tortillas and Enjoy!
This is one of my favourite dinner, its so full of flavour! Please leave a comment below if you’ve tried it out, or even if you have a similar dinner that I should try. I’d love to hear from you!
As always, Thanks for reading! Until next time!
Don’t forget you can always contact & follow me on: