Fairy lights have become a room essential for me in recent years, I love the pretty glow they add to a room. They can be purchased in many styles & lengthens, at a range of different prices.
Just after the Christmas season Penneys (Primark to those in the UK) had a large range of fairy lights available at a cheap as chips price of €3 for 100 clear lights, I couldn’t leave them behind at the price. So I purchased them & decided I’d do something crafty. Then came the idea to create simply flower like shades for each little light.
What you’ll need:
- Fairy lights
- Paper doleys
What to do:
- Fold the paper doley in half
- Wrap around the base of the light
- Glue the paper together (as it wraps it will overlap)
- At the base, tape the paper to the plastic of the base
- Repeat on each light
- Then plug in & see the beautiful glow fill in the paper flowers
This was just a brief little project that I got great enjoyment from, its relatively cheap & easy to complete. If you’ve made ones similar or have any other ideas please don’t hesitate to comment, I’d love to hear from you!
As always, Thanks for reading! Until next time!
Don’t forget you can always contact & follow me on: